Friday, May 8, 2009

Finally Mas Selemat is caught. Selamat Datang la brudder.

This is belated but I still like to offer my 5 cent worth of the Aware saga. I was watching the clips on youtube and razortv. The EGM was disorderly, people interrupting people, jeering, taunting, scenes which remind one of primary school children behaving when teachers are not around. I admire the new exco and Josie Lau for behaving professionally despite the masses interrupting them continuously. I think they stood up for what they believe in instead of seating their asses on the couch doing nothing. But the fact that they all came from the same Christian church earns me the thumbs down definitely.

The old exco were another pathetic bunch. Obviously with mass support, they yaya papaya that day. They were clearly sleeping and complacent, so who can they blame when new members suddenly take control of the new exco. What about the thousands of people who suddenly became new members on saturday to support the old guard? People say S factor is a dumb reality tv programme. I think the EGM was even more stupid. End of the day, I don't think last saturday was a step forward for women in Singapore if not a step back.

The newspaper hailed the EGM as a success for our society to be able to settle issues amicably without the government's interference. I beg to differ, I felt the EGM was a utter disgrace and a pathetic show of disrespect between rivals. Even the Greeks in medieval battles showed respect for their enemies. I would rather both guards drew swords and spears and battle in an honourable fashion.

Anyway, once again, welcome back Mr Selamat.

No comments:

Post a Comment